Last Updated: Sep 25, 2018
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Provide to Us
BURSTAG collects information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use the Services; register or create an account; enroll in one of our loyalty programs; maintain a “wish list”; purchase products or services; request information from us; sign up for our newsletters or email list; enter a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion; fill out a survey; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with or contact us. The information we collect may include your name, physical address, email address, telephone or mobile phone number, date of birth/age, gender, BURSTAG account user name and password, and photograph.
You may also provide us with certain information in connection with specification transactions:
• Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, we collect a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address.)
• Information You Provide about a Third Party. If you send someone else a communication through the Sites or Apps, such as an invitation to a friend, the information you provide (e.g., name, e-mail address) will be used to facilitate the communication and will not be used for any other marketing purpose, unless such person registers with us or becomes a customer, we obtain consent from such person, or we explicitly say otherwise at the point of collection.
• Information You Provide Through Social Media. We may also give you the option to link to your Facebook or other social media account through a Site or App. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services. This may include, but may not be limited to, your name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users give us access to their accounts, and information about you (such as the fact that you are “friends”) is otherwise accessible through those accounts.
Information Automatically Collected
We may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, or other technologies to collect certain information about visitors to, and users of, our Sites and Apps and interactions with our emails and online and mobile advertisements, and to allow BURSTAG to keep track of analytics and certain statistical information.
For example, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type and model, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access a Site or App, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, geolocation, preferred language, and the domain name from which you accessed a Site or App. We also may collect information about your use of the Sites and Apps, including the date and time you visit a Site or App, the areas or pages of a Site or App that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using a Site or App, your GPS location (if you have enabled location tracking on your device), the number of times you return to a Site or App, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward, or click-through to a Site or App, and other sites that you may visit.
• Third-Party Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to support our Sites or Apps. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, embedded scripts, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically (such as information to validate or update your address or other demographic and lifestyle information). We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services, or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Sites and Apps, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third-party sources.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
BURSTAG may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
· To provide you with products, information, or services that you have requested or agreed to receive, or when necessary.
· To contact you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from BURSTAG or on behalf of our third-party partners and affiliates.
· To enable you to participate in a variety of Site and App features, such as sweepstakes, message boards, other communication features, user-generated content functions, and interactive features.
· To process your registration and/or enrollment in any loyalty programs, including by verifying that your email address is active and valid.
· To review the usage and operations of our Sites and Apps, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services.
· To enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Sites or Apps.
· To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Sites and Apps, via email, text message, or push notification, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services.
· To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
· To address problems with the Sites and Apps or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Sites and Apps and our business.
· To use and disclose your credit/debit card information only to process payments and prevent fraud.
· As disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
Additionally, if you use the Sites or Apps to connect with third-party services, you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests.
3. HOW AND WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION?
We may share the information we collect from and about you in the following ways: • Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the Sites and Apps, or administer activities on our behalf. We do not authorize these third-party service providers to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
• Co-Branded Relationships: Certain areas of our Sites and Apps may be provided to you in association with third parties, such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
• Select Third Parties: We may share your information with our select partners, affiliates (including affiliates that do and do not bear the BURSTAG brand name), and other third parties that we believe may have offers of interest to you.
• Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
• Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
4. YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
Cookies, Tracking Options, and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Sites and Apps require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Sites or Apps or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Opt Out Preferences
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product or service. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may use one of these convenient methods:
• Electronic Promotional Offers. If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email. You may also opt-out of receiving emails from us by sending us an email at [email protected] with “Do Not Email” in the subject line.
• Direct Mail Promotional Offers. If you do not want us to send you any promotional offers through direct mail, you may email us at [email protected] with “Do Not Mail” in the subject line.
• Telemarketing. If you do not want to receive marketing phone calls or text messages from us, you may email us at [email protected] with “Do Not Mail” in the subject line.
If you receive marketing communications from one or more brands within the BURSTAG family of brands, you must opt-out individually from each of the brands from which you are receiving brand-specific marketing communications. Your instructions to limit the use of your information for these purposes will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable. Additionally, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation our third-party service providers or partners) with whom we have already shared your personal information of any changes requested pursuant to this section.
Access to Your Information
5. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected] You must put the statement “Third-Party Marketing Opt-Out” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Non-affiliated third parties are independent from BURSTAG, and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
6. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND PLUG-INS
7. PUBLIC FORUMS
Any information you may disclose on our Sites or Apps, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Sites or Apps or other third-party websites that the Sites or Apps may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Sites or Apps to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If BURSTAG learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to a Site or App, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
9. DATA SECURITY
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Services users. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. When you provide sensitive information (such as credit card information) via the Sites or Apps, we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security technology (TLS).
10. DATA STORAGE
Your personal information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US